Monday, February 9, 2009

Zucchini Bread


Our son C was feeling well by Sunday, but he had not been fever free for 24 hours so he and I stayed home from church and baked zucchini bread together. He is such a great little helper! We had a lot of fun working together in the kitchen, and the family loved our efforts. It was completely GONE within 24 hours!

I love my zucchini bread recipe because it's so moist, so even though there are a plethora of zucchini bread recipes floating around out there I'm going to post mine too. This is from my dear Grandma Frena, who is now in heaven.

Stir together:

2 cups sugar (I add one and a half)
3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
4 tsp baking powder
3 tsp cinnamon

Add:

3 eggs well beaten
1 cup oil
2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
3 tsp vanilla

Mix well. Pour into greased loaf pan(s). Bake at 325 for one hour. You can double this recipe for 3 standard loaves.

2 comments:

  1. I was looking some blogs and find yours. It's nice, the food, your family :)
    I'm brasilian, so , if you want to learn how to make any brasilian food, just call me!
    ( I don't know if my english is good, sorry)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks good, but do I dare make a different zuc bread recipe when the children love the one I already make. I think that I do!

    ReplyDelete