Monday, January 26, 2009

Yogurt in the Crockpot - Take Two

My second attempt at yogurt in the crockpot led to yogurt that was even runnier than the first time! All of the children liked this consistency better for yogurt drinks, however, so it was a happy flop. I blended strawberries in this time, and served it in little juice glasses which have lived at the very back of my kitchen cupboard for the last 12 years since breakable glasses don't generally mix well with children. Those were a big hit! Two of the children don't care for the strawberry flavor, but the other 3 love it and are guzzling it down.

Here is the website where I learned how to make yogurt in the crockpot.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see the new blog and glad to see you have a menu for the week. I noticed that there wasn't one there on the other blog the other day. :-) Gotta check up on you, you know. BWG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, Pam! It is wonderful that you are taking the time to share with us. And I know how a blog can help keep you motivated. Maybe we need to blog about our daily exercise??? It might have to come to that, because the winter is making me sedentary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, how interesting. This is a whole different set up from your other blog. I like your intro in the side bar. It reminds me of Graham Kerr, who was the Frugal Gourmet when I was a little girl. After cooking with fattening, rich ingredients, he'd set it on a table, choose a young lady from the audience to dance with him, he gave her a flower and she joined him at dinner. Since I've had kids, he returned with healthier fare because of health issues his wife has. He says something along the line that we cook healthy, nutritious food for those we love. He has a more romantic type way of putting it though.
    Blessings,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete