Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Working on New Recipes

Not thoroughly checking ingredients came back to bite me last night. I had been planning to make black bean/sweet potato burgers, but didn't realize until 4:00 P.M. that I had no quinoa which is also called for in the recipe. So that will have to wait until next week. Instead we had a new family favorite, taco style lentils and rice. When the children asked me what I was making for dinner and I told them, they all cheered! Gotta love that reaction!

I am currently researching more new recipes and will post them as I make them! Tomorrow we are having Moroccan Lentil Soup in the crockpot and Saturday we will be having Sloppy Joe's made mostly from beans. Some of you have emailed me with new recipes, which I really appreciate! If you have some wonderful family favorite that is also fairly inexpensive to make, I'd love to hear from you! Email me at gglc_pam@yahoo.com. It's my junk email but I promise to check it! Or leave it in the comments section so others can benefit also. (Of course if you know me in real life, feel free to use my "real" email addy, just don't want to post that here).

No comments:

Post a Comment