Sunday, March 8, 2009

More on Menu Planning

Not sure if anyone noticed besides me, but last week was a really blah week in the food department. I didn't make good menus at the beginning of the week and I kindof needed a mental break from the "planning how to use up every single ingredient so I don't waste any money" thing. Our big Mexican feast (courtesy of my cousin and her grown daughter) was the highlight of the week as far as meals went, and the other nights we ate the "old" way ~ chicken and steamed rice and veggies, etc. We ate veggies, but not as the main part of our meal. I just fixed whatever was on hand that didn't require much mental effort or time.

So far I have not shopped as carefully as I did last month. I have spent over half of my food budget for March, and I have lots of food in the freezer, fridge and pantry, but I'm not sure how to coordinate it all into meals for the rest of the month. In other words, do I have everything I need to make dinners for the rest of the month except for fresh produce? Not sure. Obviously I still have work to do this afternoon! The good news is that we are stocked up on toilet paper, pullups, and facial tissue. :-)

This week we will be having soup one night and a bean dish another night. Friday is pizza and movie night. The rest of the meals I am still planning. Check back later to see what I decided on!

No comments:

Post a Comment