Monday, February 18, 2019

Stir Fry Chicken and Bok Choy

I found this recipe on amindfullmom.com and it looked really delicious so I decided to give it a try.  It WAS delicious!!  It was a hit with the whole family so I will definitely be making again.  And it is dairy free, soy free, and gluten free, which makes it an anti-inflammatory meal.




Here is what you will need:

For the sauce

2 T honey
2 T soy sauce
1 T rice wine vinegar (or rice vinegar)
1/2 t freshly grated ginger (or 1/2 t ginger spice)
2 cloves garlic finely chopped

For the stir-fry

1 T sesame oil (be sure to use light colored sesame oil, not dark, and refrigerate it between uses so it doesn't go rancid)
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs cut into one inch pieces (I used thighs and I used more than a pound because I was making for the whole family)
1 head of bok choy washed and cut into one inch strips (I did not use all of the leafy end, but cut the white portion of the bok choy down about halfway into the leaf and discarded the rest)
2 large carrots cut in strips (I used more, again because I was making for our whole family)
5-6 green onions, diced
1 T sesame seeds (I didn't have these so left out)
1/4 cup chopped cilantro (I left this out)


In a small bowl stir all the sauce ingredients together.  Set aside for later.

Heat sesame oil in a large wok or frying pan over medium high heat.  Add in chicken and cook til chicken is done.  Add bok choy and carrots.  Cook til they are heated through and slightly soft (or if you like super soft veggies, cook longer!).  I covered my frying pan for a while so the veggies would steam and get done a little faster.  When veggies are near done, add the green onions, sesame seeds and cilantro (if desired).  Add sauce and cook until all the chicken and veggies are coated with the sauce.

Serve as is or over rice.  Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment