Friday, February 22, 2019

Grilled Salmon Burgers with Avacado Salsa

I found this recipe on laughingspatula.com, and immediately wanted to give it a try.  My entire family loves salmon, and since I am currently eating an anti-inflammatory diet I was looking for something that was gluten free, dairy free, sugar free, and soy free.  This turned out delicious!

What you need for the salmon burgers:

1 pound salmon fillet, de-skinned and cut into small pieces (do not use food processor, that will make them too mushy)

1/2 cup panko crumbs, for a binder (I used more than 1/2 cup because my salmon patty mixture was still too moist to hold together when I used only 1/2 cup.  I also found gluten free Italian bread crumbs instead of traditional panko)

1 egg

2 green onions, chopped

1/2 a pablano pepper seeded and chopped fine (this is a mild pepper and I used it with trepidation, but everyone loved the taste!  You will use the other half of the pepper in the avacado salsa)

the juice from half a fresh lemon, squeezed over mixture

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp pepper

What you will need for the avacado salsa:

1 large ripe avacado, seeded, peeled, and chopped (or two small ones)

the other half of the pablano pepper, chopped

2 green onions, chopped

juice from the other half of the fresh lemon

1/4 tsp salt

1/4 tsp pepper

What to do:

Mix all the ingredients for the salmon burgers together in a bowl.  Check the consistency.  If too moist add more panko crumbs.




Form the mixture into patties.


Grill or fry over medium heat.  These cook really quickly, so be sure you don't over cook.  Just 3-5 minutes per side is all you need!



While the patties are frying or grilling, mix up all the salsa ingredients in a medium sized bowl.




Serve the patties "naked" (as I did) or inside a bun.  The avacado salsa is meant to be served on top of the patties, and acts as a condiment if you also use a bun.  This prevents the burgers from being too dry.  I served my salsa on  the side.  It was super yummy!  This recipe was loved by all, and I will definitely be making again!


No comments:

Post a Comment