Thursday, March 11, 2010

Breakfast Menus

I made a small goal last weekend to not have cereal for breakfast once this week. Cereal is quick and easy, and there's nothing horribly wrong with it (we rarely buy the sugary kind), but with 5 children we can go through a LOT of cereal in a very short time. I figured that I could probably make healthier breakfasts more cheaply, and a bonus is that we could save money on milk too. Hence, the goal. Here are my breakfast menus for the week:

Monday

Chocolate Chip Pancakes, bananas



Tuesday

Applesauce Bread, yogurt, sausage

Wednesday

Oatmeal, sausage

Thursday

French toast sticks

Friday

Breakfast pizzas

Saturday

Cereal!! The children now have a new appreciation for cereal. :-)

1 comment:

  1. We rarely have cereal for breakfast. It costs a lot, and it just does not last. I find myself ravenous before lunchtime. We eat lots of eggs and sausage (the blessings of having chickens now!) with biscuits, cheese grits, oatmeal, and pancakes. Some of your ideas sound good too! Don't we always appreciate something when we can no longer take it for granted? :-)

    ReplyDelete