Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Breakfast Pizza

Or homemade Egg McMuffins!

I saw this recipe for breakfast pizza on the happy housewife blog, and thought it would be easy and fun to make. I thought I would try to cook everyone's scrambled egg in a nice little circle (like at McDonald's) so it would easily stay on the bottom bun, so I came up with the idea to use canning jar rings as "holders" for the scrambled egg mixture to cook inside of. Well, don't go rushing off to buy canning jar rings for this purpose because it didn't work. The egg mixture leaked out of the bottom of the rings almost completely. So I just scrambled them like usual and most of the children put a top bun on the pizza to help hold the eggs in.


Layer on homemade buns:

sausage patty
scrambled egg
a touch of grated cheese

Eat with a top bun, or without, your choice.

Easy Peasy! All the children loved them and thought it was a fun breakfast!

3 comments:

  1. To get my eggs in circles like at McDonald's, I spray a small bowl and cook the egg in the microwave. It sounds funny, but it works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this idea Amanda! Do you cook them scrambled in the bowl? Or sunny side up? How long do you cook an egg in the microwave? I'd love to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the idea from my friend, it never would have occurred to me on my own! I've only done it scrambled, I'm not sure if it would work sunny side up. For only one egg, I microwave it for a minute or less. BTW, I read your other blog too, I hope you find an affordable furnace. We just bought our house last year and haven't had to replace anything "big" yet. I hope than when we do, I can have the same attitude and trust God like you do.

    ReplyDelete