Monday, December 14, 2009

The Mother of all Garlic Presses

And just what is in this unassuming little box you ask? Why, just the mother of all garlic presses, the most awesome and amazing garlic press EVER!!! Why am I devoting a whole post to a garlic press you ask? Well, because I am in love with my new garlic press and I LOOK for ways to use it whenever I can. We are eating a lot of garlic these days. :-)



My old garlic press broke over a year ago, and at first I just couldn't find a suitable replacement, then my husband got laid off and I couldn't afford to buy one even if I'd found it. I chopped garlic with an old fashioned knife whenever a recipe called for it. Then one recent day in the mail I received this FANTASTIC garlic press from a culinary minded friend of mine who had remembered I didn't have one. And my life has been forever changed. At least the part of my life that I spend in the kitchen. Which is a lot.

This wonderful little garlic press is made by Pampered Chef. It is stainless steel and so easy to use. The garlic just fits into it like so:

and then you squeeze out the garlic-y goodness like so:


and rinse it out under running water, and clean up is done! If any pieces of garlic do get stuck in the holes, it comes with this handy little "brush" (only the bristles are hard, not soft) that lives right there in the handle so you always know where it is


and it lines up perfectly with the holes in the bottom of the garlic press so it can press out any clinging pieces of garlic. Voila!

I am relatively certain that this will be the last garlic press I ever need. If you are in the market for a garlic press, you need to get one. In fact, even if you are NOT in the market for a garlic press, you need one of these. :-) If you have a loved one that is hard to shop for but they like to cook, get them one too! And no, I am not receiving a commission for advertising a Pampered Chef product on my blog, I'm just giving them free advertising because they hit it out of the ball park with this garlic press and I really, really love it! Thank you my friend!

4 comments:

  1. I agree, it is the best! Do you know that you don't have to peel the garlic first?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love this garlic press. I bought it at a PC show 15 years ago! I bought it because it was easy to clean, and my dh (who does the dishes in our house) had banned me from using our old garlic press because it was too hard to clean. FIFTEEN years and the press still works great - and dh doesn't complain about my using it! Who can ask for anything more? BTW, did you try the black bean and potato soup? What did you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam, so glad your family enjoyed the soup and that you thought enough of it to consider posting it on your blog. Would you please link to my blog for the recipe rather than reposting it here when you do get around to blogging about it. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete